Our Restorative Dentistry services are meant to help restore functionality of your teeth as well as improve your smile and appearance.
A crown covers, or caps, a single tooth to restore its shape, size and strength.
You might need a crown if:
- A tooth is decayed, cracked or broken
- A large older filling is failing
- A crown is ill-fitting
- A bit problem or cosmetic enhancement
- A tooth has been weakened by an opening on the surface from a recent root canal therapy
A bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. This restoration holds a false tooth (a pontic) in place by being anchored to adjacent teeth.
You might need a bridge to:
- Prevent other teeth from shifting
- Restore the bite after a tooth is lost
- Improve aesthetics
Dental Crown and Bridge Procedure
A crown or bridge procedure usually requires two appointments. During the initial visit, the doctor will anesthetize and prepare the tooth by removing any and all decay. He will then shape the tooth for fitting of the crown/bridge. Accurate impressions are taken and a temporary crown is fabricated to protect the tooth while the crown/bridge is made at a local dental laboratory. At the second appointment, the temporary crown is removed and the final crown/bridge is then placed to ensure an accurate fit and bite.